If you move away and do not want your abuser knowing where you are you can take steps to conceal your new address
- Try to avoid using shared credit or debit cards or joint bank accounts
- Request that your address does not appear on any court papers.
- Consider changing your mobile phone and number to ensure you cannot be tracked
- If you need to phone your abuser (or anyone with whom he is in contact), make sure your telephone number is hidden. Click here to find out how to hide your number.
- Talk to your children about the need to keep your address and location confidential.
- Victims of stalking and domestic abuse are now allowed to join the electoral register anonymously, so ensure they are not put at risk, and do not lose the right to vote. Click here for application form. You will be required to submit evidence to support your application. Click here for more information.